In a world with increasing demands for food, energy and mobility, effective and long lasting bird control is crucial. Bird Control Group provides innovative products to keep birds at a safe distance, ensuring a safer working environment and a highly effective way to prevent damage. The World Wildlife Fund awarded one of our products with the Smart Gear Competition prize.
Bird Control Group serves customers in aviation, agriculture, industry, oil & gas, recreation and real estate. Customers include Singapore Changi Airport, IKEA, Shell, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Rentokil. Bird Control Group’s products and services are used in more than 75 countries. Bird Control Group is a Deloitte Technology Fast50 Rising Star and the second most innovative SME from the Netherlands according to the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. For more information: www.birdcontrolgroup.com. Offices are situated in Delft (the Netherlands) and Portland (Oregon, USA).
Currently we have availability for Internship mechanical engineer
To assist R&D department in the mechanical work, testing, quality control of samples, sourcing etcetera, the following has been setup as a nice-to-have:
Work available for a internship team-member:
- Design, build & test prototypes of additional modules (e.g. a solar module which is RS485 enabled and communicates to the system the level of charge, status etc.)
- Testing of existing modules & systems, documenting the process and results, listing possible improvements.
- Component, system or accessory design, build and test prototype.
- assist the R&D team
If an internship is the goal, an updated description can be made where the focus on.
Qualifications, our ideal candidate:
- The ability to work independently on projects
- English speaking and writing skills are required in the team and in documentation.
- Educational background: Mechanical engineering, Industrial design, Electronics or similar education is highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge of electronics is desirable.
- Bonus: Knowledge of 3D CAD software (preferably SolidWorks)
- Paid internship
- Working in an international environment
- Being part of an ambitious, informal and enthusiastic team in an innovative, fast growing company and having the possibility to make a difference
- We hire interns that are already entitled to work in the Netherlands and we do not reimburse moving costs or housing
How to apply:
Please do not make use of our vacancies as an acquisition opportunity.