In a world with increasing demand for food, energy and mobility, effective, animal friendly and long lasting bird control is crucial. Bird Control Group provides innovative products to keep birds at a safe distance, ensuring a safer working environment and a highly effective way to prevent damage. The World Wildlife Fund recognizes the laser technology of Bird Control Group as innovative, effective and animal friendly.
Bird Control Group serves customers in aviation, agriculture, industry, oil & gas, recreation and real estate. Customers include Singapore Changi Airport, IKEA, Shell, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Rentokil. Bird Control Group’s products and services are used in more than 75 countries. Bird Control Group is a Deloitte Technology Fast50 Rising Star and the second most innovative SME from the Netherlands according to the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. For more information: www.birdcontrolgroup.com. Offices are situated in Delft (the Netherlands) and Portland (Oregon, USA).
We are currently looking for students: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or Electronics (8-40 hours per week)
who will be working in the R&D, Operations or Technical Service departments.
Bird Control Group is growing rapidly, serving customers worldwide. “Never stop innovating” is our team motto. Our customers are looking for plug & play solutions and we constantly improve our products by listening to our customers. We have continuously work for technical students who are interested in learning on the job and dare to take on the challenge and responsibility.
- Sourcing of components from various suppliers
- Design, build & test prototypes of additional modules (e.g. a solar module which is RS485 enabled and communicates to the system the level of charge, status etc.)
- Testing of existing modules & systems, documenting the process and results, listing possible improvements
- Minor assembly work
- Assembly documentation, updating of manuals
- Test of software platform, setting up testing procedure
- Component, system or accessory design, build and test prototype
- Small customization projects for customers (with full responsibility for the end product)
- Assess incoming defective units and decide on follow up action
- Carry out repairs
- Arrange for a tidy and safe working environment in the warehouse
- The ability to work independently on projects
- English speaking and writing skills are required in the team and in documentation
- Educational background: Mechanical engineering, Industrial design, Electronics or similar background is highly desirable
- Basic knowledge of electronics is desirable
- Bonus: Knowledge of 3D CAD software (preferably SolidWorks)
- Pro-active, accurate and a problem solver
- Strong learning capability
How to apply:
Please do not make use of our vacancies as an acquisition opportunity.